Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Balance Revisited


Let me begin this post by responding to your last. It's a good question and a classic question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" The answer is simply nonexistent. Some will argue that the sin of man has brought such things into being and I think that there is some validity to that truth but the bottom line is that it sucks. It sucks to watch anyone, and especially a loved one, suffer with such a dire and devastating disease. But, as your personal blog noted, it's important to realize our frailty and to learn to enjoy and truly live in the moment, tasting and savoring the grace that is there.


Okay, now that I've had my little sermonette, I thought I'd throw out where my minds been as of late. It's nothing particularly groundbreaking but I can't help but continue to search for balance. I realize it's a lifelong search but it'd be nice to sometimes catch the pendulum in the middle, for just a few weeks or so. Whether the situation is money, work, family, friends, or the future, it seems incredibly difficult to find that point of harmony between all. Perhaps it's too much to ask. What do you think?

No comments: