Friday, July 20, 2007

Taking it a Step Further

Okay, yes, that is a bit of a cop out. Cheater. But I still love you.

Now, as far as what is said, I agree but I'm going to also up the ante a bit. Clearly, we're screwed up people and our bodies, as we're so lovingly told, essentially begin dying the moment we get the ball rolling. So building our lives upon those sandy shores isn't going to work in the least, right? Well, I contend that trying to find ourselves, at least our peace and happiness, within, while noble, will still leave us wanting. Let me explain.

We are a broken people. We are comprised of shattered dreams, unmet expectations, and flaws beyond number. Essentially, what I'm saying is that we are far from perfect. So while we can attain a sort of "OK-ness" within, where we're sort of at some sense of home within our own skin, I contend that we need more. This is why I tend toward faith in God. Does that makes sense?

Now you can't escape with a "yoga" post! :)

1 comment:

Celena said...

Yep ... and I think that's exactly what she's talking about, in a yoga sort of way of course, with the "offering to the divine".