Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Cleaning

Okay, so i'm in serious spring cleaning mode right now and can't seem to ration out any brain function for anything but that topic. Have you ever realized how much emotional baggage there is tied to old stuff? Here's a question for you. What is one thing you have never been able to get rid of, even though you no longer have a use for it, and why? I'll go first ...

My dearest aunt, my Aunt Ellen, died 15 years ago from cancer. I have a sweater that I bought on a shopping trip with her about 18 years ago. I can't seem to let go of this sweater even though it's been at least 10 years since i've worn it. I feel like i'm letting go of her if I let go of the sweater. I realize I feel this way about a lot of things. Holding onto things has become a way of holding onto the past for me. This is why i've decided to do some major spring cleaning. I feel like I can no longer grow as a person until I allow myself to let go of some of the baggage from the past.

~Celena

No comments: